OUR LADY OF FATIMA ... TUESDAY OCTOBER 4TH...7:00PM TO 9:15PM
Weekdays 9 am to 4 pm
REGISTRATION FOR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION FOR GRADES K-8
First child rate is 45.00 additional children are 10.00 per child... For additional information or assistance contact Marylyn Chesko at 724-378-8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekend Mass Saturday 5 PM
Sunday 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
Following Christ, the second part of the Christlife series will begin on September 12, 7:15 PM - 9:00 PM in Kohler Hall. This series will focus on Prayer, Scripture and a Relationship with Jesus Christ. It is open to anyone who has completed the first part, Discovering Christ. Participants from the 2015 Discovering Christ session who were unable to attend Following Christ are welcome and encouraged to register. This series runs for 7 Mondays, through October 24 with the retreat scheduled for October 15. To register please contact the Rectory, email email@example.com or call 724-252-9901 by August 30. Come join fellow parishioners in a closer walk with Jesus.
Readings for the Week of September 25, 2016
- Sunday: Am 6:1a, 4-7 / Ps 146:7-10 / 1 Tm 6:11-16 / Lk 16:19-31
- Monday: Jb 1:6-22 / Ps 17:1-3, 6-7 / Lk 9:46-50
- Tuesday: Jb 3:1-3, 11-17, 20-23 / Ps 88:2-8 / Lk 9:51-56
- Wednesday: Jb 9:1-12, 14-16 / Ps 88:10-15 / Lk 9:57-62
- Thursday: Dn 7:9-10, 13-14 or Rv 12:7-12a / Ps 138:1-5 / Jn 1:47-51
- Friday: Jb 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5 / Ps 139:1-3, 7-10, 13-14 / Lk 10:13-16
- Saturday: Jb 42:1-3, 5-6, 12-17 / Ps 119:66, 71, 75, 91, 125, 130 / Lk 10:17-24
- Next Sunday: Hb 1:2-3; 2:2-4 / Ps 95:1-2, 6-9 / 2 Tm 1:6-8, 13-14 / Lk 17:5-10
History / Pastoral Plan
Our Lady of Fatima was established on June 9, 1954. The founding of the parish was due to the growth of population in the area. The first Mass of the parish was celebrated on June 13, 1954, in a banquet hall. The parish used this banquet hall for Sunday Masses. In August of 1954, the parish rented a small building for confessions and daily Masses. The first Mass in this small chapel was celebrated on September 13, 1954. Baptisms and marriages were celebrated at St. Titus parish, Aliquippa.
These arrangements continued while the parish built a school with space for an auditorium/gymnasium that would be used as a temporary church. Land for the church was purchased on November 4, 1954. Ground for the new building was broken on August 7, 1955. The cornerstone was laid on October 16, 1955, and the building was dedicated on March 3, 1956.
The parish was finally ready to build a permanent church in the mid 1980's. The completed church was dedicated on November 8, 1987.