Parish Mission Statement
In the name of the Holy Trinity and with
Our Lady of Fatima as our role model,
our mission is to nurture, teach and share our
Catholic faith which is centered on the
celebration of the Holy Eucharist.
If you would like to learn about our teaching mission at Our Lady of Fatima School,
PARISH SURVEY - As part of the On Mission implementation, our grouping of Our Lady of Fatima, St. Frances Cabrini, St. John the Baptist and St. Titus, has until March 15 to collect feedback on the current Interim Mass schedule. This survey will assist parish leadership in evaluating, and if necessary, adjusting the temporary Mass schedule. If at all possible, please complete the survey online HERE for ease of compilation. Paper copies of the survey are available at the four church entrances.
Weekend Mass Saturday 4 PM
Sunday 8:30 AM, 11:00 AM,
- Rev. Martin R. Bartel O.S.B, Administrator
- Rev. Joachim Morgan O.S.B., Parochial Vicar
- Rev. Thomas More Sikora O.S.B., Parochial Vicar
- Jeffrey Craig, Seminarian
- Mr. Joe Basko, Deacon
- Deacon Robert Bittner, Deacon
- Sr. Margie Frazer, Pastoral Associate
- Ms. Gloria Weaver, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Mrs. Maureen Cox, Parish Business Manager
- Mrs. Shirley Martin, School Principal
- Mrs. Mary Rita Rossetti, Director of Music
- Mrs. Nicole Albanese, Youth Group and CGS
- Mrs. Kathy Testa, administrative assistant
Weekdays 9 am to 4 pm
REGISTRATION FOR RELIGIOUS EDUCATION FOR GRADES K-8
First child rate is 45.00 additional children are 10.00 per child... For additional information or assistance contact Gloria Weaver at 724-378-8020 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Readings for the week of February 10, 2019
- Sunday: Is 6:1-2a, 3-8 / Ps 138:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 7-8 [1c] / 1 Cor 15:1-11 or 15:3-8, 11 / Lk 5:1-11
- Monday: Gn 1:1-19 / Ps 104:1-2a, 5-6, 10 and 12, 24 and 35c [31b] / Mk 6:53-56
- Tuesday: Gn 1:20—2:4a / Ps 8:4-5, 6-7, 8-9 [2ab] / Mk 7:1-13
- Wednesday: Gn 2:4b-9, 15-17 / Ps 104:1-2a, 27-28, 29bc-30 [1a] / Mk 7:14-23
- Thursday: Gn 2:18-25 / Ps 128:1-2, 3, 4-5 [cf. 1a] / Mk 7:24-30
- Friday: Gn 3:1-8 / Ps 32:1-2, 5, 6, 7 [1a] / Mk 7:31-37
- Saturday: Gn 3:9-24 / Ps 90:2, 3-4abc, 5-6, 12-13  / Mk 8:1-10
- Next Sunday: Jer 17:5-8 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6 [40:5a] / 1 Cor 15:12, 16-20 / Lk 6:17, 20-26
History / Pastoral Plan
Our Lady of Fatima was established on June 9, 1954. The founding of the parish was due to the growth of population in the area. The first Mass of the parish was celebrated on June 13, 1954, in a banquet hall. The parish used this banquet hall for Sunday Masses. In August of 1954, the parish rented a small building for confessions and daily Masses. The first Mass in this small chapel was celebrated on September 13, 1954. Baptisms and marriages were celebrated at St. Titus parish, Aliquippa.
These arrangements continued while the parish built a school with space for an auditorium/gymnasium that would be used as a temporary church. Land for the church was purchased on November 4, 1954. Ground for the new building was broken on August 7, 1955. The cornerstone was laid on October 16, 1955, and the building was dedicated on March 3, 1956.
The parish was finally ready to build a permanent church in the mid 1980's. The completed church was dedicated on November 8, 1987.