Weekdays 9 am to 4 pm
OUR LADY OF FATIMA FLEA MARKET
SATURDAY JULY 9TH 8AM TO 2PM
SUNDAY JULY 10TH 1PM TO 5PM
SATURDAY JULY 16TH 8AM TO 2PM
SUNDAY JULY 17TH 1PM TO 5PM
Weekend Mass Saturday 5 PM
Sunday 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
You are invited to Discovering Christ
THE APRIL-MAY 2016 SESSION IS NOW FILLED, WE ARE SORRY IF YOU WERE UNABLE TO MAKE THE DEADLINE. PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL USING THE BELOW LINK:
'CLICK HERE TO CONTACT THE OUR LADY OF FATIMA DISCOVERING CHRIST TEAM' .
WE WILL PUT YOU ON THE WAITING LIST IN CASE THERE ARE LAST-MINUTE CANCELLATIONS. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS.
The class has started and registration is now closed.
Please stay posted for the announcement of upcoming classes.
Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible
This eight-part study provides the easiest way to understand the Bible. Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible makes the complex simple. It helps you uncover the story woven throughout Scripture so that you can get the “big picture” of the Bible and understand what it is all about. The Bible is a story about the Father’s unfailing love for you - a love that you are now called to share with others.
Readings for the Week of June 26, 2016
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:16b, 19-21 / Ps 16:1-2, 5, 7-11 / Gal 5:1, 13-18 / Lk 9:51-62
- Monday: Am 2:6-10, 13-16 / Ps 50:16-23 / Mt 8:18-22
- Tuesday: Am 3:1-8; 4:11-12 / Ps 5:4-8 / Mt 8:23-27
- Wednesday: Vigil: Acts 3:1-10 / Ps 19:2-5 / Gal 1:11-20 / Jn 21:15-19
- Day: Acts 12:1-11 / Ps 34:2-9 / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18 / Mt 16:13-19
- Thursday: Am 7:10-17 / Ps 19:8-11 / Mt 9:1-8
- Friday: Am 8:4-6, 9-12 / Ps 119:2, 10, 20, 30, 40, 131 / Mt 9:9-13
- Saturday: Am 9:11-15 / Ps 85:9-14 / Mt 9:14-17
- Next Sunday: Is 66:10-14c / Ps 66:1-7, 16, 20 / Gal 6:14-18 / Lk 10:1-12, 17-20 or 10:1-9
History / Pastoral Plan
Our Lady of Fatima was established on June 9, 1954. The founding of the parish was due to the growth of population in the area. The first Mass of the parish was celebrated on June 13, 1954, in a banquet hall. The parish used this banquet hall for Sunday Masses. In August of 1954, the parish rented a small building for confessions and daily Masses. The first Mass in this small chapel was celebrated on September 13, 1954. Baptisms and marriages were celebrated at St. Titus parish, Aliquippa.
These arrangements continued while the parish built a school with space for an auditorium/gymnasium that would be used as a temporary church. Land for the church was purchased on November 4, 1954. Ground for the new building was broken on August 7, 1955. The cornerstone was laid on October 16, 1955, and the building was dedicated on March 3, 1956.
The parish was finally ready to build a permanent church in the mid 1980's. The completed church was dedicated on November 8, 1987.