Saturday morning Mass 9 am on first and third of the month
Weekend Mass Saturday 5 PM
Sunday 8 AM, 10 AM, 12 PM
Weekdays 9 am to 4 pm
In continuing with the indulgence offered by Pope Francis for the 100th Anniversary of the Fatima Apparitions, we will recite the Rosary on Tuesday June 13 at 6pm. Immediately following, we are hosting a Rosary Making Workshop in Fatima House. Come join us and see how this ministry works and have an opportunity to make your own Rosary!
- Rev. Howard Campbell, Pastor
- Mrs. Kathy Testa, administrative assistant
- Rev. Thomas Wilson, Parochial Vicar
- Deacon Robert Bittner, Deacon
- Sr. Margie Frazer, Pastoral Associate
- Miss Erin Nypaver, Director of Music
- Ms. Marilyn Chesko, Coordinator of Religious Education
- Mrs. Linda Liberatore, School Principal
- Mrs. Maureen Cox, Parish Manager
We value your input! To complete the survey On Mission parish response link for Our Lady of Fatima: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/onmissionresponseolof
Normal Conditions for Plenary Indulgence
1. detachment from sin
4. prayers for the intentions of the Holy Father
5. devoutly participate in prayer in honor of the Virgin Mary ( applies specifically to this granted indulgence )
We will begin accepting donations for the annual Our Lady of Fatima Gigantic Flea Market on Tuesday, June 13th at Kohler Hall. We will collect on Tuesdays and Thursdays, June 13th through June 29th, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm and on Saturdays – June 17th, 24th and July 1st from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Due to the July 4th holiday, our last collection day will be Wednesday, July 5th . Your donations of clean, usable items make the flea market a huge success every year. Don’t forget, this is a major fundraiser for the church. Thank you in advance for all your donations. Unfortunately, we cannot accept TV’s or Computer Monitors. We could also use your help. We need volunteers to collect, price and sort on the days we collect. Please stop up at Kohler Hall and give us a few hours of your time. We will also need help on the days of our Sale, July 8th and 9th, and 15th and 16th. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to help us out, please call Eileen at 724-375-2140, Donna at 724-378-3093, or Mary at 724-378-1845. Keep those treasures coming!
Readings for the Week of May 21, 2017
- Sunday: Acts 8:5-8, 14-17 / Ps 66 / 1 Pt 3:15-18 / Jn 14:15-21 or Acts 8:5-8, 14-17 / Ps 66 / 1 Pt 4:13-16 / Jn 17:1-11a
- Monday: Acts 16:11-15 / Ps 149 / Jn 15:26--16:4a
- Tuesday: Acts 16:22-34 / Ps 138 / Jn 16:5-11
- Wednesday: Acts 17:15, 22--18:1 / Ps 148 / Jn 16:12-15
- Thursday: Acts 18:1-8 / Ps 98 / Jn 16:16-20
- Friday: Acts 18:9-18 / Ps 47 / Jn 16:20-23
- Saturday: Acts 18:23-28 / Ps 47 / Jn 16:23b-28
- Next Sunday: Ascension: Acts 1:1-11 / Ps 47 / Eph 1:17-23 / Mt 28:16-20
History / Pastoral Plan
Our Lady of Fatima was established on June 9, 1954. The founding of the parish was due to the growth of population in the area. The first Mass of the parish was celebrated on June 13, 1954, in a banquet hall. The parish used this banquet hall for Sunday Masses. In August of 1954, the parish rented a small building for confessions and daily Masses. The first Mass in this small chapel was celebrated on September 13, 1954. Baptisms and marriages were celebrated at St. Titus parish, Aliquippa.
These arrangements continued while the parish built a school with space for an auditorium/gymnasium that would be used as a temporary church. Land for the church was purchased on November 4, 1954. Ground for the new building was broken on August 7, 1955. The cornerstone was laid on October 16, 1955, and the building was dedicated on March 3, 1956.
The parish was finally ready to build a permanent church in the mid 1980's. The completed church was dedicated on November 8, 1987.